Review | Too Faced Natural At Night Palette ♥

Hi Everyone!!!! 

Today will be another review and I'm really excited because this is one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes of all time!!! I purchased this Too Faced Palette last year when I went to Malaysia's Sephora. I had never tried Too Faced Before this but I heard many good things about the brand from Youtubers like Weylie! 



Brand: Too Faced
Name: Natural at Night Palette
Price: I don't remember how much I bought this for in Malaysia but Too Faced Palettes at Mecca cost around $48 
Weight: 3 eyeshadows are 2g each and the other 6 eyeshadows are 0.9g each so 11.4g altogether 
Shade: -
Where to purchase: Sorry to my fellow Australian readers but this palette is only available on the Too Faced Website :(
Description: "The after-5 version of the wildly successful Natural Eye palette is a slightly darker take on neutrals. With so many ways to wear them, there’s a combination for your every after-dusk adventure. Our revolutionary silky formula is easy to blend and offers gorgeous color payoff " - Too Faced 






All of the nine colours are very warm toned. Six of them are shimmery and three of them are matte (You'll be able to see below in the swatches!). You're actually meant to use the colours in order from left to right to create the three looks that this palette is designed for - Night, Fashion & Classic. However, I kind of just pick and choose colours depending on how I'm feeling hehe !


When I buy eye shadows, I always like to choose neutral colours because they're a lot easier to wear and also because I'm a noob at eyeshadow, these colours a lot more forgiving if you stuff up (jkes. I made the mistake of trying to create a smokey eye with dark colours and ended up like i got punched in the eyes ._.) But seriously are these not the most beautiful colours in the world!?!?! This is definitely one of the palettes that I reach for all the time because you can create pretty natural looks as well as more dramatic makeup looks with the darker colours. The palette is made up of cardboard I think so it wears out pretty easily and the lid opens and closes with a magnet. It also comes with a sample of the Too Faced Shadow insurance but I already own the full size anyway. It's quite bulky so not travel friendly :( I wish the packaging was more sleek so I could carry this everywhere I go T_T! 

Swatches ♥

1st Look : Night


'Full moon' is undoubtedly my favourite shade in the whole palette! It's a really beautiful Champagne colour that's infused with shimmer! You have to be really careful when using this eyeshadow though because there are chunks of glitter and lots of fall outs.
'
Night Cap' is a less used colour but is a really pretty soft tan shade. This is one of the three matte shades and is intended for use all over the lids.
'
Cocoa Star' is a matte chocolate brown, a great colour for beginners because matte shades are easy to work with. It's very pigmented and silky. 
A combination of all these shades can give you a natural night look! 

2nd Look : Fashion 



This is called the 'Fashion Look' and these shades are for more dramatic looks! 
'Spotlight' is a creamy white colour but this is one of the shades that I'm most dissapointed in because it's not pigmented at all and as you can see in the swatches, it doesn't really show up on my skin. Maybe it's a colour more suitable for lighter skintones as a base or something because it's very subtle. 
'Moonstone' is an olive-brown shimmery shadow. I personally don't really like this colour. There's a lot of fall out with this colour! 
'Night Fever' is the darkest shimmery brown in the palette! It has a lot of glitter but isn't as silky as the other shimmery shades. 


'Night Light' - Gorgeous pale dusky pink shimmer base colour! Less pigmented than Moon light but still a pretty pink colour! 
'After Hours' - shimmering pink with mauve undertones. It actually looks quite similar to night cap but a lot more shimmery! 
'Eclipse' - Deep shimmering bronze. Also one of my favourites! It's a great colour to blend into the crease area and darken up the look. If you use a small amount you can still manage to create a very natural smokey eye! It does have quite a bit of fall out as well, so you must be careful when using this colour and try to do your eye makeup before your foundation or you might ruin your base makeup! 
A combination of these three colours gives a classic eye look! 

Verdict ♥

Packaging:  ♥  ♥ 
♥  / 5 
I really love packaging of this palette! It's different to what traditional palettes look like and I was really drawn into the lacey floral design at the top of the palette. Minus one point because it's bulky and not travel friendly :( I would really love to bring this palette everywhere with me D:

Price:  ♥ ♥ 
♥ 
/ 5  
It's cheaper than other palettes like Naked or Lorac however you have to keep in mind there's a lot less product. 

Performance:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 
My favourite palette at the moment!! As I said before, I literally reach for this palette on a daily basis because the colours are just so perfect to create natural eye looks. Most of the colours except for spotlight are VERY pigmented and have great colour payoff. It's safe to say that the tiniest amount of shadow can go a long way! The only downside is that some of the shimmery shades have fall out. 

Pros: 
  • Colours are pigmented
  • Versatile - Colour range is great for both natural and dramatic looks
  • Great palette for beginners
Cons:
  • Bulky packaging - not travel friendly
  • Some colours have fall out

Verdict: ♥ ♥ ♥ / 5 

Hope you all enjoyed this review!! Please leave a comment below telling me which shade is your favourite from this palette and have you tried Too Faced Eye shadows before? This palette has got me addicted to Too Faced, I need to pick up a few more of their palettes. Their Chocolate palette has been hyped about a lot as well as their Natural Eyes Palette :) 
Have a great week everyone! I'll see you all very soon next week and in the mean time, don't forget to follow me on GFC for updates as well as my social media (IG: @Beautifyinglifee) (Twitter: @Beautifylifee)  

Bye!! 


No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥