Review | Banila Co Clean It Zero Purity ♥

 Hi Everyone!! 

Today I'm back with a review that many of you guys requested for on my Honest Skin Haul Post! I'm actually pretty excited to review this as well because I've been wanting to try this since the day I received this! If you're interested in knowing more about this product, keep reading on :) 


Brand: Banila Co
NameClean It Zero Purity 
Price: $13.42 USD *ON SALE NOW* 
Weight: 100mL
ShadePurity 
Where to purchase: Honest Skin 
Description: "Sherbet type of cleanser that cleanses sensitive skin without irritation with Ecocert natural oils. 5 Non additives texture that minimises stress cleanses makeup and impurities gently. Herb soothes damaged skin by external environment. Hollyhock extract takes care of rough skin to be flexible. 5 Non additives (Non colours, synthetic fragrance, alcohol, mineral oil and paraben)" - Honest Skin Website




Over this one year, the only cleanser that I've used to remove my face makeup is the Juju Aquamoist Cleansing oil and it's worked really well for me (I've nearly finished my first bottle) but since Honest Skin sent me this to review, I was quite excited to try a different cleanser to remove my makeup. In the Banila Co's Clean it Line, i think there are 4 different types that you can choose: 

  1. Banila Co Clean it Zero
  2. Banila Co Clean it Zero "Purity" 
  3. Banila Co Clean it Zero "Radiance"
  4. Banila Co Clean it Zero "Resveratrol"
The one I received, as you can see, is the Zero purity one and it's designed for sensitive, so i'm the perfect person to test it on because I have REALLY sensitive skin that is combo and acne prone! 



This product is designed really nicely and I especially love it because it's a minty kind of colour, which is one of my favourite colours at the moment! When I opened the lid to the cleanser, I was surprised to see this super adorable plastic spatula inside! I think it's a really good idea that this was included because it makes the cleansing process a lot more hygienic and you won't contaminate the product!


So with the spatula, with one scoop, I picked up this much product which is the perfect amount for a full face of face makeup! The texture is kind of like a wax! When I opened it, it really reminded me of a candle for some reason :P 

Swatch + Demo ♥


For the demo, I swatched 6 different products on my arm to test how well it works at removing makeup (As shown above)



When you first scoop up the cleanser from the tub, it feels a bit hard, like butter, but once you spread it, it's really smooth and easy to glide all over the skin. 


This is the results of the cleanser after rubbing it gently a few times to distribute the product all over! As you can see all the foundation is gone and the tear drop eyeliner as well as the NYX eyeshadow is fading off too. 


After rubbing a bit more intensely, this is the results! 



And this is the final results after washing it under cool water. As you can tell, the foundation was the product that was removed with most ease whilst the eye liner, mascara and benetint was a bit more stubborn and difficult to remove.

Verdict ♥
Packaging:  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  
  / 5 
I really love the clean design of the tub by Banila co. I feel like the design makes it look very high class and plus, mint is my favourite colour

Price:  ♥  ♥ 
♥ ♥  / 5 
At the time when this product was sent to me, this costed around $18 on Honest Skin, however, it's on sale right now so it only costs $13 now which is an AMAZING price considering that the Juju Aquamoist cleansing oil usually costs me around that price too! Plus Banila Co product are usually quite pricey so this deal is pretty good!!

Performance:  ♥  ♥  ♥ 
  / 5
To be honest, I'm not sure if this cleanser was designed to wash the face only or if you can use it for the eyes too. If this was only a cleanser for face makeup e.g foundations, concealer, blush etc removal, then this worked amazingly well and got rid of it in a few wipes. However, it was a bit disappointing how it wasn't able to remove the Missha eyeliner which can usually be removed easily with water...but other than that, it does a fairly decent job. 

Overall : 4.3 / 5  

Pros: 

  • Nicely designed packaging
  • Great and affordable price for Banila Co products
  • Removed face makeup extremely well
  • Comes with a spatula
  • Hygienic
  • Leaves skin feeling fresh, doesn't leave greasy residue 
  • Didn't break me out
  • Doesn't irritate skin
Cons: 
  • Smells kind of funny 
  • Can't remove eye makeup well
So that's pretty much my review on this cleanser! I overall really enjoy using this on a daily basis to remove my foundation now instead of my old Juju Aquamoist one. I would repurchase this in the future but maybe I'll try a different version of it to see if it works the same or better (Hopefully not worse!) 

Don't forget to follow me on GFC, on Instagram @Beautifyinglifee and on Twitter @Beautifylifee where I update regularly! :) I'll be back with another post next Saturday, hope you all have an amazing week whilst I try and cram a lot of information in my head for 3 exams this week !! >_< 

Have you ever tried this product before? Did it work for you? Would you purchase this? Leave your comments and Links below ♥

xx
Fifi 


* These products were sent to me by Honest Skin. All opinions are 100% my own and honest

No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥