Review | ETUDE HOUSE Pink Skull Colour Eyes Palette ♥


Today's review is going to be on the ETUDE HOUSE Pink Skull Colour Eyes Palette that I mentioned about in my last post. This was the product that I was most excited to review because I'm an eyeshadow lover, it's actually a staple in my makeup routine because I think it really does make a huge difference to a makeup look. If you haven't read my previous post, this eyeshadow palette is part of ETUDE HOUSE's new 'Pink Skull' Collection which is super chic but also cute at the same time because everything by ETUDE HOUSE is always cute no matter what collection it is! 




Brand: Etude House
Name: Pink Skull Colour Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
Price: $20.52 USD (~$27.40AUD)
Weight: 9g (1g per eyeshadow)
Shade: #1 Lovely Skull 
Description: The 9-color shadow palette expresses lovely pink makeup looks with various pink moods






So in the Pink Skull Collection there are two eyeshadow palettes that you can choose from. The one I got was #1 Lovely Skull which consists of lighter more wearable shades of pink, yellow and brown - more suitable for daytime looks. The second palette is in #2 Funky Skull which consists of darker shades of pink, brown and black - more suitable for night time looks. Both palettes come with 9 shades which are 1g each. 

The packaging, as always, is super cute. The box that it comes with is a metallic pink box and the actual eyeshadow palette comes in a plastic case with a clear lid that is really useful because you can see all the colours without having to open the palette all the time. The palette is quite sturdy and the size would be suitable for travelling. I also love how every single eyeshadow has a heart shape imprinted on it! It was almost too cute for me to swatch it :') 

I actually hardly own any Korean eyeshadows, most of mine are from Western brands because I always assume that the quality is much better. This is why i didn't have much of a high expectation for this ETUDE HOUSE palette. However, much to my surprise, the eyeshadows were much better than I thought. Although some shades were a bit powdery/chalky and not as creamy as my Too Faced or Urban Decay shadows, the colour payoff is quite nice (Except for Twinkle Pink which was a dissapointing shade that didn't show up much). In particular the brown shades were pigmented and true to colour. Another great thing about this palette is that there's a variety of shimmery and matte shades making it super versatile - perfect for travelling. I mostly use brown shades as you can see in the picture above because I feel like I don't suit pinky shades. Generally, I like to put the lighter brown (Antique Brown) in the inner corner of my eyes and Leather brown in the outer corners of my eyes. Then I use the matte yellow shade (See Through Beige) to blend the edges and Romantic Brown on my lower lash line. I also tried putting Twinkle Pink in the inner tear duct area for the brightening effect but since it's not that pigmented, it didn't really show up so I don't really bother doing that anymore. I have also recently tried to slowly incorporate pinks into my eyeshadow routine since Spring has just arrived and Rose Brown is a nice dusty pink that I would say is quite wearable and goes really well with the browns. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict 

Packaging 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥   / 5 
Absolutely LOVE this packaging. The metallic pink box and the actual eyeshadow palette that has polka dots is super cute. It's also sturdy and easy to carry around because it's quite a small palette. The lid is clear making it easy to see what colours there are without having to open the lid every time. 

Price
♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 
The price is okay. More affordable than high end brands but a bit more expensive than drugstore. It is worth it though because it comes with 9 shades. 

Performance 
♥ ♥ ♥ / 5 
Not the best eyeshadow palette that I've come across but it is useable. Majority of the eyeshadows are pigmented and blendable but some shades are a slightly bit chalky and have some fall outs. The shade Twinkle Pink was quite dissapointing because you'd think the highlighting shade would be one of the best since Koreans are all about the highlighted inner tear duct area. However, it didn't even show up that much and had lots of fall out. But I guess the brown shades made up for it because they were pretty good in terms of quality and are pigmented and blendable.  

Pros
- Cute and Sturdy Packaging 
- Comes with 9 different shades that can create many different looks 
- Brown shades are pigmented and blendable 
- Great for travelling in terms of size and versatility 
- Clear lid making it easier to see colours 
- Variety of matte and shimmery shades 

Cons
- Some shades are a bit chalky/have fall outs 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this review was helpful for people looking into getting this palette. Overall, I think this is a pretty good palette if you're looking for an eyeshadow palette that's small but has a lot of shades to choose from. Also perfect for people who are into super cute packaging! 

That's it for this post, thanks everyone for reading til the end and don't forget to follow me on my blog through GFC to get updates for whenever I post :) You can also find me on my other social media platforms Instagram (@Beautifyinglifee) and Twitter (@Beautifylifee). 

*This product was sent to me by ETUDE HOUSE as part of the Pink Bird Blogger Program. 
All opinions are my own and 100% honest. 

No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥