Review | Maybelline Baby Lips Electropop in Berry Bomb ♥

Hi Everyone!!

Hope everyone has been having a great week! It's sad to say that it's already the end of the week which means I have to go back to uni again on Monday T_T But luckily three more weeks and that'll be the end of my first year of uni (SUPER EXCITED!~)

It's been awhile since I've done a product review, mainly because I haven't really bought anything new since I've been trying to save up and constraining myself from walking into Mecca >_~ But this was a product that I've really been interested in trying ever since i saw one of my friends wearing it. Her name is Anna and she does blogging and youtubing too (feel to free to check out her Youtube channel Acaibeautyroom and on blogger) At first I was like, why in the world is this girl wearing purple lipstick... but as she put this product on her lips I was surprised that the colour was in fact not purple at all but turns into a really nice natural pink colour. When I saw this product on sale at Priceline, I knew I had to get my hands on it and try it out! 



Brand: Maybelline 
Name: Baby Lips Electropop 
Price: $1.98 AUD (half price sale at Priceline)
Weight: 3.6 grams
Shade: Berry Bomb 
Where to purchase: You can buy this almost everywhere in Sydney incl. Woolworth, Coles, Priceline, Big W, Target, Kmart, Discount Chemist (Priceline and Discount Chemist usually has the half price sales though!!)


I remember using the original Maybelline Baby Lips back when i was in high school and I used to love it because it smelt amazing, was moisturising and has sleek packaging. However, the actual balm of the original baby lips only had a small diameter so it took longer to moisturise the whole lip. With the Electropop versions, the diameter of the actual lip balm is like a lipstick so it doesn't take as much time and fits the size of my lips a lot better!! In this range, they have three colours but in Priceline and Discount Chemist I've only ever seen them sold in two shades - Berry Bomb and Oh! Orange (Berry Bomb being the most popular shade that I see being sold in stores). However at K-mart I did spot the pink version in Pink Chock which was pretty surprising and I would love to try it out one day. 



I don't usually read the claims of products but this lip balm claims to have Sheer colour and shine, 8 hrs continous moisture and a clinical strength lip balm. 

I have to say the best thing about this product is that it provides colour to the lips. I am probably the laziest person you'll ever meet when it comes to wearing lipstick. Ain't nobody got time to touch up lipstick during the day so this product COMES IN HANDY. It provides a lot of moisture to the lips which is great because my lips are always really dry and chappy. On top of that, if you apply a few coats of this lip balm and wait for a minute, colour will slowly develop and you'll end up with a really nice pink lip without any effort whatsoever. Now although Berry Bomb should be a purple shade, i reckon it comes out more like a pinkish red colour instead of purple (Refer to the swatches and demo below~)... which makes me wonder what colour Pink Chock would be . 

Anyways, in regards to the claim, I don't think it really gives you moisturised lips for 8 hours, probably only 2 hours or so before you start feeling your lips become dry again. It's not to hard to touch up though because you use it like a lip balm so no mirrors required when you apply this on (super handy hey?)






All three versions of this lip balm comes in a black windable tube with a clear plastic lid that allows you to see what shade you're using. The picture above shows how much product is in a new tube of the lip balm. You get 3.8g of lip balm which is fairly decent for the price you pay. It may not look like a lot but unless you use it like crazy throughout the day, it should last you for a while. It's not too expensive to replace anyway if you go through a tube quickly. I like to stock up during sales as you can see i have a couple of these ready to go. My mum got so curious about this product she even went and bought one herself hehe~ 

It seriously an amazing product at such an affordable price. I personally think the original price for the product is super affordable but I just prefer to buy things when they're on sale (lol so asian i know). The only thing that I would complain about in this product is the smell. If you're not a fan of strong scents on your lip product, you may not like this lip balm. It has a really strong artificial berry/cherry scent but once you use it a few more times, you kind of get used to it. 


As I mentioned earlier, the electropop line also offers an orange colour. My sister bought it during the sales but she didn't like the strong scent and so she gave it to me to try out. I feel like the colour isn't as vibrant as the purple version but it's still very moisturising and gives a nice beigy orange tint to the lips. Make sure for this shade that you don't have dry patches because for some reason it will accentute it - strange because it didn't happen with the purple version. With the purple version, any dry patches could be easily smoothed out and instantly looked moisturised? So I guess if you have dry lips go for the purple one but if you have smooth lips all the time, you can try the orange shade. 


Swatches 


Top 2 shades - Berry Bomb
Bottom 2 shades - Oh! Orange




Demo 


Purple Version - Instantly moisturises and soothes dry chapped lips!! Amazing results 

Orange Version - turns out more like a beige nude colour but still really pretty(sorry for the bad quality photo~)

Verdict ♥

Packaging:  ♥ ♥  ♥ / 5 
The packaging isn't too bad because it's the same size as a regular lipstick but compared to the original baby lips, it's a bit bulkier. However, as I mentioned earlier, the bigger size comes with a bigger lip balm diamter which fits the size of my lips a lot better. I also do like the lid that they use for this verison because it's easier to take off and put on compared to the original baby lips which came with a super tiny lid that I would often drop onto the floor and it would bounce and dissapear (Has that happened to any of you before??) >_< 

Price:  ♥ ♥ 
♥ 
♥ ♥ / 5  
It's so affordable, especially when it's on sale! Less than $2 for the tube that lasts a few months!! I do recommend checking when there are sales for Maybelline which is the best time to stock up on these . 

Performance:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 
I seriously love everything about this product (except for the smell). I love how it's moisturising, glides on easily, doesn't slip and slide on the lips and gives a colour payoff that lasts for a few hours. 

Pros: 
  • Easy to use 
  • Affordable 
  • Great for lazy people who don't like to wear lipstick 
  • Good colour payoff 
  • Locks in moisture --> Doesn't slip and slide off the lips
  • The lid is easy to use (less likely to lose the lid compared to original baby lips)

Cons:
  • Smell 
  • Colour Range not available everywhere 
  • Lack of colour range - I think in America they have more shades :(
  • Bulkier packaging compared to original Baby Lips 
  • The orange version accentuates dry patches on the lips 
So that's all for today's reviw. Hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit more about The Maybelline Baby Lips Electropop and my thoughts on it. If you've ever tried this lip balm before, feel free to leave your thoughts about this product because I'd love to know!! 

Don't forget to follow me on GFC, Bloglovin and my other social media platforms (Instagram: @Beautifyinglifee) (Twitter: @Beautifylifee). Until next week, take care everyone and have a fabulous week :) 




No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥