Review | Fairy Drops Volume and Curl Burst Water Proof Mascara ♥

Hey everyone!! 

I hope you're all doing well!! Today I have a review on my current HG mascara! I'm not sure if I've mentioned this mascara in any of my previous posts, but ever since I've gotten my hands on this mascara, I haven't been bothered to buy any other. I'm sure many of you guys have heard of this brand already but if you haven't, I present you with the Fairy Drops Volume & Curl Burst Water proof Mascara! 



Brand: Fairy Drops
Name: Volume and Curl Burst Waterproof Mascara
Price: $24.24
Weight: -
Shade: Black
Where to purchase: Amazon.com
Description: "FAIRY DROPS Volume Burst Mascara Water Proof contains Volume Up Powder, Wax and Fiber to make "Volume Burst" in one coat. Strong against humidity, it makes a strong curl. As it is water-proof, sweat-proof and tear-proof, it is good for marine sports. You need not worry about mess and smudge." -Amazon




I bought this at the beginning of the year on my trip to Hong Kong because I was in need of a new mascara as my previous Dolly Wink ones were drying up. I heard that this brand was pretty good from Bubzbeauty and a couple of other beauty bloggers so when I saw this in stores at Sasa, I had to purchase it. Currently, you can't purchase this particular mascara from Sasa because they only sell the pink version online. However, I found that you can purchase this one from either Amazon or eBay but you'll have to check the sellers rating before buying because you probably don't want to pick up a fake one!! It's a shame they don't sell Japanese branded cosmetics locally in Australia :( 

Anyways, the packaging of this mascara is really cute, I really love the purple colours and the cute design on the actual tube. It looks like a typical mascara tube and the size is quite convenient for travelling because it can easily fit into your makeup bag. The mascara is scent free so perfect for those who don't like fragrances on your makeup products! 



The special feature of this mascara is the wand and as you can see in the picture, it's a really cute 3 teardrop wand and this design helps in maximising the volume of your lashes and ensuring that each lash is coated evenly with product. The actual formula is neither wet or dry, it's in the middle and just the right consistency. It has fibres that attaches itself to your lashes to give it that extra length and the waterproof formula helps to hold the curls in place all day. I really love this mascara because even if you keep layering the mascara on you don't get the spidery lash effect, instead it can be built up for a more volumised effect. I say this in my mascara reviews all the time, that I have really short stubby Asian lashes and when I wear this mascara, some people have complimented on the length of my lashes and even asked if I was wearing any falsies. 

Demo ♥





Verdict ♥

Packaging:  ♥  ♥ 
♥   / 5 
Purple is one of my favourite colours so obviously I like the packaging of the Fairy Drops mascara. I like how it's sleek and great for travelling.

Price:  ♥ ♥ 
♥ 
♥ / 5  
I don't remember the exact price that I purchased this mascara for in Hong Kong but based on the online cost of around $24, I think it's a very reasonable price for a Japanese mascara because they're known for their fantastic quality and seriously, this mascara is so amazing, it's worth every dollar. I can't wait to go to Hong Kong soon so that I can stock up on this. 

Performance:  ♥  ♥  ♥ 
♥ ♥  / 5 
Like I said at the beginning, this has become my HG mascara of all times! My eyelid always gets really oily & waters all the time so a lot of the times, drugstore mascaras & even high end mascara's like Benefits seem to smudge and smear so I'm pretty excited about the quality of this Fairy Drops mascara as it managed to stay put all day and didn't smudge for once! It does a great job at lengthening and volumising my small lashes so if you have similar eye conditions like me, this mascara is worth a shot. You really won't regret it!

Overall - 4.3 / 5  

Pros: 
  • Lengthens really short lashes
  • Volumises the lashes
  • Pretty Packaging 
  • Doesn't smudge
  • Waterproof 
  • Buildable - doesn't make lashes look spidery 
Cons: 
  • May be expensive compared to drugstore (but trust me this is 10x better than any other drugstore mascara you've ever seen!!)
I love this mascara so much and I will repurchase this when I go back to Hong Kong.
Hope you all have a fantastic week!! I'm so excited GRADUATING IN A FEW DAYS ^_^~ 
Hehe, thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment down below!!! 

Until next week, 


1 comment

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥