[Review] Benefit They're Real Mascara ♥

Hey everyone!! 

I'm finally back with a new review on a product that I've been wanting to write about since forever! Sorry for not posting last week, I was busy with work and wasn't feeling very inspired to write haha :P


So this is the review on the Benefit's They're Real mascara! I know this has been out for a REALLY long time but I only managed to get my hands on it a few months ago and only now have I decided to write a review about it! The Benefit's They're Real Push Up eyeliner is also coming out soon as well, so I'm really excited to try it out and review it! 




Brand: Benefit Cosmetics
Name: They're Real Mascara
Price: $23 USD on the website
$38 AUD from Myers 
Weight: 8.5g
Shade: -
Where to purchase: Benefit Cosmetics or Myers Australia if you don't want to purchase online
Description: "They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!" - Benefit Cosmetics US




I never really planned to buy this mascara before because it's pretty expensive in Australia (Around $38AUD) compared to the US (Around $23USD). But a few months ago, Sasa.com gave me a free $10 voucher to use on their website, so i figured why not take this opportunity to try out this mascara which has been raved about all over Youtube. I've heard so many good things about it and I couldn't wait for it to arrive! I think the packaging is really pretty, very sophisticated and the statistics on the front of the packaging is quite promising. The mascara promises to lengthen, volumise, lift and separate. 



The actual mascara packaging is very unique just like every other Benefit product and is a silver metallic colour. It's very simple but I really really love it! The size is like a typical mascara but I think because it's not round like other mascara, it appears to look more bulky and bigger. Also, 8.5g of product is a generous amount and should last for a long time!



Benefit's They're Real mascara is also known for it's unique plastic wand. It's a lot longer and has more bristles than many other mascara wants that I've tried. I think it helps a lot when the brush is  designed like this because it prevents the mascara from clumping up and helps to separate the lashes ! 

Demo ♥ 



Verdict ♥
Packaging:  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 
 / 5 
I'm really loving Benefit's very simple yet sophisticated packaging. I think it's definitely high end material and is very unique compared to traditional mainstream round mascara tubes!

Price:  ♥  ♥ 
/ 5 

I think if you're reading this and from America, you wouldn't find this mascara to be very pricey. But in Australia, $38 for a mascara that didn't really perform that well on my lashes, I feel like it's not worth the splurge.

Performance:  ♥  ♥  ♥   / 5

I have to say, I was pretty dissapointed with how it turned out on my lashes. I think it might've been because I had pretty high expectations especially reading many blog reviews and YouTube video's on it before i bought it. It doesn't give my Asian lashes enough volume and it can't hold my curl because they start drooping after around 5 minutes of application. Also the wand is very unique, I haven't heard anyone bring this problem up before, but i find it kind of hard to reach the inner corners of my eyes, so that part of my eye is always mascara-less >_< I don't know if that's just an issue that I've encountered though :(

Overall - 3 / 5 


Pros: 

  • Pretty, sophisticated Packaging
  • Unique Mascara wand
  • Separates lashes well without clumping up the product on the lashes 
  • Lengthens the lashes 
  • Darkens the lashes a lot 
Cons: 
  • Isn't that great at volumising the lashes
  • Expensive 
  • Smudges throughout the day 
  • Doesn't hold curled lashes very well - the product kind of weighs down my Asian lashes :(
I just wanted to say that just because this product didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you, because I've read COUNTLESS reviews of this mascara and pretty much all of them had great feedback. I think it's just hard to find a mascara that can make short asian stubby lashes look voluminous and long >_< 

Anyways, thank you everyone for taking your time to read this review ^_^ Hope it helped you all and if you have any suggestions on mascara's that work really well on short Asian lashes do please share ♥ I'd LOVE to know ~ Don't forget to follow me on GFC and other social networks^^ THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME REACH 300 FOLLOWERS last week!! It may not seem a LOT to most people but I'm so thankful for each and every one of you hehe! ♥ 

xx
Fifi ♥ 




No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥