Review | JoJo Eyeshadow Palette #6

Hiii Everyone!!!

Sorry it's been sooooo long since my last upload! If you follow me on instagram you'd know that i've been loaded with uni work so I haven't had time to write up any new content recently :( This review was something I wrote a while ago but I hope you enjoy this nevertheless~ I think last year I uploaded a review about the Too Faced Natural at Night Palette and today I have a review about a palette that many of you guys have probably never heard of before, but the shades are very similar to the Too Faced Palette. This Palette is called JoJo Makeup Silky Eyeshadow in Number 6 and it's a Korean brand. I bought this palette a long time ago when I first started experimenting with eyeshadows and I've been using it religiously since then (that was until I became obsessed over my Too Faced Natural at Night Palette)!



Brand: Jojo 
Name: Makeup Silky Eyeshadow
Price: Approx $8 AUD 
Weight: Doesn't Say on the packaging :\
Shade: #6
Where to purchase: I bought this when I was in Hong Kong at a store called Lung Shing and it's like a small pharmacy/cosmetics store selling discounted products, located in Tsim Sha Tsui (Just a warning, there are a lot of 'CL's' (If you're chinese you'll know what that means lol!) that like to shop at that place so you will have to be prepared to push around to be able to get to the cash register) . However, I'm pretty sure that this particular palette has been discontinued but I managed to find newer editions of this product on KKCentreHK




The Jojo's eyeshadow palette has very simple packaging but it's quite sturdy with a clear plastic lid to open and close. At first I didn't realise that Jojo was a Korean brand until I read the back of the box. It might be because I'm just so used to seeing typical Etude House or The Face Shop's cute colourful packaging that this one doesn't appear 'Korean' to me haha~ It comes with 5 colours and out of the 5, two of them are matte shades and three of them are shimmery shades. It comes with one of those cheap eyeshadow applicators which I have thrown out because tbh who uses the brushes that come with products >U<


I like how this eyeshadow palette is very small so whenever I like to go back to Hong Kong for holidays, I always bring this trusty little palette with me because it has all the colours I need to create any look. However, it's a shame that the colours don't come with fun names. 

Swatches ♥


Because these eyeshadows don't come with fancy names I'm just going to talk about them starting from the right and going across. 
  1. This is a plain white shade that I like to use as a base colour. This colour is quite chalky and you need to pack on a few layers before it becomes opaque. You can also use this to highlight the brow bone if you wish, although I personally don't prefer doing that.
  2. This shade is kind of like a silvery brown colour. It's very shimmery and much silkier compared to the white. I like to use this on the outer corners of my eyes for a more dramatic look. 
  3. This next shade is like a gold-olive-brown shade VERY similar (refer to image below) to 'Moonstone' from the Too Faced Natural at Nights palette. This colour is very pigmented, silky and very easy to blend! I like how this one has less fall out than 'Moonstone'.

  4. Second last shade is a matte chocolate brown. I find that the matte colours in the JoJo Palette aren't as pigmented when compared to the shimmer shades which is a shame because this colour is really pretty! It's slightly chalky. 
  5. Last shade of the palette is a shimmery dark brown. You can tell that I don't use this colour because you can still see the 'JoJo' on the eyeshadow hehe. I don't know why but this shade doesn't appeal to me as much as the other colours! 
Verdict ♥


Packaging:  ♥ ♥ 
 / 5 
This palette has simple packaging, not as pretty as Etude House packaging however, I like how the case is very sturdy and travel friendly

Price:  ♥ ♥ 
♥ 
♥ / 5  
These eyeshadows are very affordable and great for beginners who are just starting off and want some shadows that are easy to work with! Some of the shimmer shadows in this palette are very good quality and comparable to high end brands!

Performance:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥   / 5 
I think in every palette I've tried there's always that one dissapointing colour and in this particular one, it's the white shade. But other than that one, the other colours are silky, easy to blend and pigmented. My favourite colours in the palette is probably the matte chocolate brown and the shimmery silver brown colour! They go really well together :) 

Pros: 
  • Most of the colours are very pigmented and silky 
  • Easy to blend
  • Cheap 
  • Palette is travel friendly
  • Great for beginners experimenting with makeup
Cons:
  • Some colours have fall outs
  • White shade is chalky and not very opaque 
  • Brand isn't available everywhere!

Overall, I still like to reach for my Too Faced Natural at Night palette on a daily basis over this one. However, when I travel like to bring this one with me just because it's small and sleek. The quality is great for the price you pay, so I guess if you can't afford Too Faced, this is a really good alternative for similar colours! 

Hope you guys all have a fabulous week and I will try my best to get a new post up next week! In the meantime, you can feel free to follow me here on my blog through GFC or my social media platforms (Ig: @Beautifyinglifee) (Twitter: @Beautifylifee) where i probably will update more often!!~ Take Care everyone! 


1 comment

  1. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! Best Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

    ReplyDelete

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥