Posted by / Saturday, 11 June 2016 / No comments /

Review | Koji Snoopy Long & Volume Mascara ♥

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week! In my last post (that I wrote a few weeks ago),I did a review on the Koji Snoopy Liquid Liner and so this week, I'm going to be reviewing the mascara that is from the same product line. The Koji Snoopy Liquid Liner has become one of my top liquid liners this year and so I have pretty high hopes for this mascara :p 



Brand: Koji
Name: Snoopy Mascara
Price: $89 HKD ($15.55 AUD) 
Weight: - 
Shade: -
Where to buy: SasaYesStyle 
Description: Koji Snoopy Long & Volume Mascara creates curl, long and volume lashes. With is unique curve brush, it can reach lash root for easy application. It is resistant to water, sweat and tears. Long-lasting and no smudging





First, lets take a look at the packaging. It's basically the exact same as the liner but it comes in a chubbier, thicker tube. It's very simple and cute - white with red polka dots and hearts. The wand itself is slightly curved and thick which is usually good for packing product on the lash whilst curling the lashes at the same time. 

I've used the Dolly Wink Volume mascaras before and it's been one of my favourite Japanese mascaras so I thought the performance would be similar or even better because it's the Long & Volume Mascara formula combined together. Now, the mascara does a good job with lengthening because as you can see, the brush contain tiny fibres that attach to your lashes when brushing through and it making lashes slightly longer than your actual lashes after application. However, I have almost non existent lashes so I usually have to build up a few coats of mascara for my lashes to become visible.The formula itself is not thick and clumpy but it does lean towards the wet and heavy side which means that the more coats I apply, the droopier my lashes become until they are no longer curled and look straight instead (which is definitely not the look I'm going for)

In terms of longevity, the mascara lasted all day on my eyes without smudging or leaving flakes. It is waterproof and can be easily removed with an oil based eye makeup remover

Swatches ♥


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict 

Packaging 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 
The packaging is the only reason why i decided to try this product! The Snoopy x Koji Collaboration is super cute and I love the polka dot design. It's simple yet cute. 

Price
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 
This mascara is actually quite cheap compared to other mascaras by Koji. On Sasa, it currently costs $11.50, which is even cheaper than buying drugstore mascaras in our Australian drugstores. So i would say this is definitely an affordable pick. 

Performance 
♥ ♥ / 5 
The formula of this mascara really ruined everything. I'm really dissapointed at how wet the formula was. With asian short lashes, the most important thing about a mascara is being able to hold curls because if the lashes aren't curled, you basically can't even see them. The formula was too wet and is not buildable. However, I do give it credit for not smudging, having a slight lengthening effect and easy to remove. 

Pros
-  Long Lasting
- Easy to remove
- Lengthens
- Cute packaging 
- Doesn't smudge
- Affordable

Cons
- Can't build up for volume because the formula is too wet, will make the lashes droop down
- Doesn't hold curls 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Overall I would say that this is not the mascara for me. However, just because it didn't work on me doesn't necessarily mean it won't work on you. I reckon this mascara would be suitable for people with naturally long and curled lashes that only need a small boost with one coat. It is not suitable for those who like to build up their mascara for volume though. 

Hope you all enjoyed this review and found this helpful. Feel free to follow me on GFC and my other social media platforms (Ig: @Beautifyinglifee) (Twitter: @Beautifylifee). Don't forget to leave me a comment down below as well telling me what your favourite mascara is and whether you've tried this before! 
I'll catch you guys in my next post and have a fantastic week. 



Share This Post :
Tags :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥

About Me

Hi, My name is Fifi and I'm a Sydney Based Beauty Blogger. Welcome to My Blog! :)

Follow me on GFC :)

Nuffnang

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow

Popular Posts